The commission discussed the planned installation of 65 new bike racks and established a photo collection project to document inadequate snow removal on state-controlled bike infrastructure. The body also formed a website working group and approved previous meeting minutes.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Thank you. Yeah. Sorry, which part did you miss? Yeah, sorry. I, I might have missed the last are we talking about creating a shared sheet for Emily was talking about the list of bike applications and the sort of it's important for us to have a. An understanding of if it's not going to be the location that we chose and where are they going to put it? Let's make sure it makes sense for cyclists to see visibility and all that. And what I had said is, it'd be kind of nice to have this be sort of a community input to where would people like to see bike racks? Especially if we have sort of a guaranteed runway of like, hey, every year we get to do more and sort of this, this list of bike rack locations be something of a living. a living updating list as new locations get added. We check those off, but then we can reprioritize based off of where the community wants to see them.
And we would curate that essentially, but guided in part by community input.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: My suggestion was to put a link to a Google form on the website that just has one question on it with a long paragraph answer that says, where would you like to see a bike rack? Describe the location or post an address or post a business name or something like that. And then all of that just dumps into a spreadsheet. So when, as they work through the list of locations that we've given them, we can use that to start the next round.
We can, you know, I'm sure some of those will get checked off. It would also be nice over time as the city is doing more of these every year, it would be kind of nice to like offload the, offload the process of picking specific locations in as much as we should be able to say every block that has businesses on it should have X number of bike racks per car parking space or as many bike racks as you can fit on every block that has a place to put them.
They don't ask for input from the driving community before they install parking meters. And it's, and it's kind of all the same kinds of places that we want bike racks. And they don't need us to tell them where the businesses are. They know that. So that would, you know, and it would be nice if, because the other thing is over time they do get damaged and they get broken. And if the city has it on their radar that it's their job to maintain a certain amount of bike parking, then If a bike rack gets broken and it needs to be replaced, then replacing the broken ones happens as a matter of course while they're going through this process too.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: All right, I'll note just following up with Todd about replacing broken racks.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: There was one that was outside of Tamper that was installed, I think, in 2018 on Boston Ave. And when it went in, we were excited to get like 25 or 30 bike racks citywide. Um, but that one they put in right next to a signpost and I was like, you know, smacking my forehead because if you put it right next to a signpost that people were already locking bikes to, you haven't actually increased the number of parking spaces. So that's another one of those guidelines that we did tell them and maybe we should reiterate. that don't put it right next to a signpost.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Just bring a bike with you every time you install it and make sure that.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Well, there I mean, there are there are like specific guidelines for distance to fix objects and things like that that we've given them and things like things like we know that people already lock up to signposts. So if you put it right adjacent to a signpost, that might make sense in some sense, but it hasn't actually increased the number of parking spaces. But that one, then the signpost got hit by a car and knocked over and the bike rack was sort of bent. And they have now taken away both and they never put the bike rack back.
I would have personally not used that bike rack in that spot just because of how many people I've seen drive over that corner, but... that was one where it got broken and it never got replaced. And they didn't put it back somewhere else instead, it just went away.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Yeah, and this kind of gets to the element of like, this is a long conversation, tracking as well. So as they're chipping away at adding places, like how do we know where they've added them so that we can track? And as we get further and further into the process, like, okay, where do we need to add more? And this is something that we can continue to discuss. But boy, it'd be really nice to have it in some map form to have some idea of where they exist and where they need to go. But at a minimum of just where do they get put based on our list would be really nice.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Oh, we have a lead. Oh, Leah just got here. Do we have forums? Wow, it would also be good going forward to start making requests for things like the, you know, the bike corrals in a couple of key places. You know, I think about places like Medford square where there's. you know, eight restaurants in a block and then eight restaurants over on the next block and things like that. And if we have one or two of those loop racks on the sidewalk and that's it, well, what if you want to meet up with your friends for dinner and everybody bikes there, everybody can't park.
Let alone if two tables worth of people go to dinner at the same time. So, And that's not going to happen right now, and that requires taking a whole parking space, God forbid. But as we start to chip away at this a little bit, it would be nice to have that kind of be the next goal down the road.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Well, let's so Leah, the quick catch up, we're talking bike racks. We've got confirmation from Daniel via Todd that we will get 65 bike racks this year. Wow. Due largely in part to a grant that will fund 40 of them, but it sounds like we're, we're lined up for 25 a year ongoing. Um, which is pretty good. So the question now is kind of how do we, you know, we've got a starting list of where to, where to put them. Some of those locations are going to have some issues we'll have to work with Todd to, to modify some of the locations, but then ongoing, um, you know, one thing we discuss is, does it make sense to, you know, collect community input on where other people want to see more bike racks added? How does that get filtered in and curated into a master list? How do we track what gets put in? How do we deal with. damage, broken bike rack. So it's kind of a big topic here if we want to manage this properly. And I guess maybe the question for us is how much more do we want to discuss here tonight?
It feels like it'd be nice to have maybe one point person in the committee who is sort of like bike rack czar and can think through this a little bit more. Yeah, any thoughts?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I mean, I don't mind doing that because I've been harping on it. But that's another thing. I think we also need to make sure that we remind people to report broken ones on CClickFix once we have ones that could be potentially broken. But remind people to report stuff on CClickFix. Be the greasy wheel. No, be the squeaky wheel. so that you can become the greasy wheel. And I think that would be great to get a list of requests, anything we can bring to the city that says this is something that people care about, this is something they want, they need, they want to use.
Yeah, Leah?
[Milva McDonald]: Do we have a list or map of where they exist today? Oh, yay.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: We do.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: There are a couple of them marked on the map that we gave to the city of requested locations outside of places like the library. Outside of the places like the library where they're not in the furniture zone on the sidewalk anyway. There are so few. in the kinds of spots that we're talking about that almost, I mean, the number that's actually on the ground right now is basically a rounding error.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Tier one, tier two, this is just order of priority?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Yeah.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: And what was your note, Emily, about the existing bike racks?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: just that there's there are a couple of them labeled on there, I think, but there's really not very many at all. So if we missed some, there's so few that it. Yeah, that's fair.
[Milva McDonald]: I wonder, um, this is sort of a, um, chaotic idea, but I know that Tufts has an urban planning program like, you know, Lily, who some of us remember who used to be Todd's slash Alicia's intern is from it. And it seemed like they get a little bit of like GIS background in that urban planning program and that it can be pretty focused on transportation. I wonder if like a professor or some students would be willing to work with a member of our commission to maybe set up a map or maintain a map or give us ideas of how best to think about feedback.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I think it's not really worth it to be too, too specific about the locations because there's inevitably going to be factors that we don't know about. And so I think so what that what we did when we made this map was we kind of picked the general vicinity in order to get coverage in business districts. And we sent it along, and maybe this is worth reiterating to Todd or to the city, that the goal here is to get coverage in business districts and put them in places where they're in plain view. as you get to a destination. And if it's not the exact spot that we picked, that's not that important. If it just has to go somewhere else, if it has to go across the street, if it has to go down the block, we don't really care that much.
The important thing is that it has to go someplace clear and obvious and practical and safe and the right distance from solid fixed objects. And if we can, if possible, don't put them right up against other objects that people have already been locking their bikes to. Because if people are locking their bikes to a signpost and you put the bike rack right next to the signpost, you have the same number of bike parking spaces that you had before.
So we care much more about those considerations than the exact location. And, um, yeah, totally agree with that.
[Milva McDonald]: Um, that's kind of why I was thinking of GIS for help that instead of community members, like specifying, you know, very specific locations that we, that the city may not be able to deliver on that. I wonder if there is a GIS exercise with like, business districts and sort of land use or like high housing density and sort of generally clumping where residents ask for things instead of, right, putting those specific pins on so that all.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I mean, this was, we did this, I think, basically because this is what, this is more or less what they asked for. Okay. The process we used for this was we just Googled where businesses are in Medford. And Medford's not that big. There's not that many places. It's not that, you know, we all know where the business districts are. We Googled, you know, things like stores and restaurants to make sure we didn't miss anything. And then the goal was not even necessarily to maximize where people are actually riding their bikes now, but to get even coverage in all areas, even if we know that some of them have a lot more current demand than others. And it's kind of hard to like... balance the goal of well put them where there's people already riding bikes and looking for places to lock up versus put them equally distributed everywhere because you should have it available everywhere and it should be fair and it should be you know there's I think people are also kind of touchy about like ignoring one neighborhood over another one or Or the people in one neighborhood happen to be more civically engaged, and so they get the better stuff or whatever. So we were trying to also just be like, well, they should be here. They should be everywhere anyway. And we don't want to be playing favorites. I mean, I think if we have a list of requested locations, that's still great. And especially after the first couple of tiers come in, those first couple of tiers really do make sure that every neighborhood and every town has something. And then after that, if we fill in where there's more demand, I think that's fine. Yeah.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: So Emily, it sounds like we've got enough locations plotted out, I assume for this year,
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I think there's at least 100 on that map. So for this year, next year, and then a few more.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: So let's not worry about the collecting community input as cool as I think that would be in part because I think it's just good to engage folks in the community to be. sort of more involved with what we're doing and we're engaging with them. But let's not add more work for the limited bandwidth that we have. If we've got a really good strong starting list, I guess the question I have is how are we tracking it? Once something's installed, how do we make sure that checks off the list and we know that it's there? Is it just a matter of taking this map and tweaking the color of each in to say, okay, now that's an installed one?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I would like to think that Todd will tell us and check off pins off of the map, or give it to us in some other format, like we've installed the following ones, and then we can just check them off the map ourselves. I would like to think that Todd will just tell us what they install, rather than us biking around until we find them.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Could one of us confirm with Todd what that method will be? I can take that on. OK. Thanks. I could see this being a year from now and be like, well, we actually don't have a clear idea of where things got installed. No one kept track of it, and now we're not sure which ones did and did not get installed. It would be very frustrating.
[Milva McDonald]: If Todd is looking for some motivation, I think one role that we could possibly serve, if he could tell us where they are installed is we could help him celebrate the fact that there's lots of new bike racks installed and like help communicate it out to the public and you know have a win.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Facebook post.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Yep. And we should make sure that there's a C-Click fix option to report either to report damaged bike racks or to request a bike rack location. That's another kind of community engagement.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: That has been followed up on already. There is a request and I believe there is also a repair. Okay, good. They have been added. I did double check on that.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: In that case, I'm going to make myself a note to announce that on our Facebook page. And I was going to announce something else on there too, just to write myself a note. Yeah, that would be good to let people know. I can't tell if there's a bike rack because there's too much snow.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: That is a real problem right now.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Yeah.
[SPEAKER_02]: Bicycle rack request, there it is.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Let me know if there isn't one for a damaged one, or does it say? I forget if it says like request and or damaged. I think there was something about a damaged item in there. Who gets the, we have this conversation here, who gets the Bicycle Rep request things in CClickFix? Todd does, but we don't have direct access to the underlying data. We can request it.
[SPEAKER_02]: Okay.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Again, as fun as that would be, I think it's probably not a high priority for the committee right now, given everything else we got going on. It would be my assessment.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I would also say that given that we would like the city to eventually develop their own ability to figure out that bike racks should go in business districts where people want to park. that they should also have the ability to act on the requests that come through on CClickFix without having to give us a list of them so that we can give the list back.
[SPEAKER_02]: Yeah.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I mean, if they get a huge number of requests for a spot that's not on our map and they put in a bike rack there instead of one of our spots, are we going to complain?
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: No, I just was speculating that it's more of a like, Todd and his limited team don't have the bandwidth to do anything with that data to then make sense of it and choose other locations, but could be wrong, but.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Well, we can announce it and then we can follow up with them and ask, hey, have people been using this feature?
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Thanks, Jared, for the poster. Shall we move along? Try to get through the last of this in a couple of minutes. Yeah. So we're still in infrastructure updates. Maybe the last, the first two items here I can hit real quick. I'm not sure what bike infrastructure post snow events was. I don't know who added that, but I suspect it has something to do with just the quality of snow removal from all the snow we've had. I don't know that we need a lot of discussion on that tonight. say we can skip it unless anyone feels.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I would say I have one thing to add to it, which is that maybe for another, maybe for a future meeting, but we're thinking about is, I think there needs to be a better system for ensuring that the actual corridors that people need to use are cleared adequately rather than just a few places that DCR sends somebody out with a plow or even the city, and then they check it off a list. And it may be a matter of, I assume that when they plow roads, there is a metric that they use to decide when they stop coming back over the same road again and again and again with the plow when it's done. And maybe it's just that snow plow drivers know what a drivable finished plowed road looks like, and they know to keep coming back until it looks like that. but they definitely don't do that for bike and pedestrian facilities. And I think this is probably a bigger ongoing topic than we're going to do right now, but I think we should be pushing both the city and the state agencies for having a more holistic approach to this.
And a list of places that they know that they have to ensure that access is maintained, not just, you know, this mishmash of places that everybody says is somebody else's problem. And then they don't get cleared until some neighbor with a shovel comes out and does it. Um, so that might be a future topic, but yeah.
[Jared Powell]: Yeah, that's similar to what I was thinking. I'd forgotten that I suggested this topic, actually, to Bruce. Yeah, I think it partly came from frustration might be too strong a word, because I'm also empathetic of the fact that the snow does have to go somewhere. But There are limited bike lanes in existence in Medford. And they are currently all covered in snow. But actually, that's incorrect. They're all covered in cars now. And some of them are covered in snow. So most of them are now just the parking lane. So I've seen messages from the city come out talking about how the snow emergency is over. And then there are a variety of, you can go back to parking normally. But you have to follow these certain other regulations. Like, you can only be 20 feet from the curb. You are 20 feet from the intersection, 12 inches from the curb. Meeting those is currently impossible. So it's just something that we should have formalized at some point. Like, what is our policy regarding an attempt by the city to clear infrastructure? I don't think there is any real protocol in place right now. It's doing their best with the limited plow staff they have right now is kind of where it seems to fall.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Yeah.
[Milva McDonald]: Yeah, I wanted to add that, like, also, obviously, like, I work with a lot of DPW staff, so great empathy for how long they're out there and when it snows. But I would say, like, I'm someone who lives right near a very busy state controlled intersection that is quite dangerous. And I think we have three of them here in Medford that are in the top 200 for crash locations. And it's not just historic storm events. It's anytime there's any snow that a consistently state controlled, like state agencies shirk their responsibility to clear pedestrian infrastructure, which in a lot of cases is also bike infrastructure. I would say that personally for me, I've noticed that near Wellington, they did a little bit better with the bike lane. This time at least over the bridge that was that was clear. They need some work and, like. Figuring out when a shoulder is basically a bike lane and they should also clear it, but that's sort of nitpicky. I would say, like.
In terms of what I feel might be productive for. This group to do if we were to do anything is. Focus on those areas and see if we could do some, like. state rep advocacy sort of thing. Especially like I know we're getting, some of us are getting a new senator with Pat Jalen retiring. So maybe it's a new time to bring this up because I find like pedestrians waiting in a right hand slip lane because they cannot access the sidewalk, completely unacceptable in a place where there's been so many crashes. And of course, if the pedestrian infrastructure is not clear, I also cannot use it on my bike.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I will say that I have talked to Representative Garbally recently about this after the last storm and contacted him again, this one. And Christine Barber has recently gotten back to me a couple of times about this too, about Again, I've generally gotten some action on specific spots if I contact them about specific spots. But like you said, Leah, this is not an extreme weather situation. Like, the spots that I've complained about this year, I have photos of Becca, like, gingerly walking her bike over a sheet of ice in this exact same spot last year, that I sent them the same, I sent them photos of the same problems in the same places last year, which was not an extreme winter at all.
And I have, you know, it's like every time there's even a little bit of snow and ice, these places become unusable for long periods of time sometimes. So, and I think it's, you know, it's hard like the spot that I've been pestering them about is a DCR spot that allows you to avoid a bad intersection that belongs to MassDOT. And so DCR doesn't really have it on their radar that this matters. regarding this MassDOT intersection, but that is how you avoid one of those top crash sites. It just doesn't happen to belong to DCR, but you still need DCR to fix it so that you don't have to be there.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: I mean, it sounds like it's a problem that isn't going to arrive at a quick resolution, right? This is something that is chronic and will take a lot of effort. But I guess what I see is one way to start chipping away at that is like if we can collect like more evidence, right? Like in the form of photos, testaments. and then come to the, I don't know who the appropriate contact is, but try to find the right folks at MassDOT or the state agencies who are responsible as a commission and potentially even as a combined group of commissions with some of our neighboring groups. So getting power in numbers with evidence of this is a chronic problem. We've been seeing it over and over. This problem needs to be addressed. I think it's a much stronger case to be made.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: And actually, I think that would be a really good if we can if we start that conversation with our neighbors now, but if we start making noise about it in the summer, because I think that's where, you know, we're or even in like bike months. That's where we tell people, but ride your bike to work. You can use your bike for transportation. But of course, if you're organizing your life around using your bike for transportation, you have to be able to do that. It can't be off the table for months at a time in the winter. And I think if we can be making noise about it in the summer where otherwise the snow feels like it's a million miles away, Um, that might also be a good opportunity to say, you know, Hey, you were getting out of our motor vehicles in May, but if we're going to actually get the motor vehicles off the road, we still need to be able to be off out of them in January.
[Milva McDonald]: So I will say that there's a lot of snow on the ground right now. And I think there's more snow coming this weekend or next week. Um, so as much as I think it's also a great idea to wait till summer, if we probably ask like literally only the members of this bike commission, um, to stop and take a photo when you encounter a state owned piece of infrastructure, that is impossible. Um, but we, we could probably start a good, um, collection.
[SPEAKER_02]: Yeah.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Yeah. I wonder maybe, now Dennis isn't here of course, I wonder if it is allowable for us to have a shared Google Drive folder for pictures for this, or if this is a working group kind of thing, like could we all be contributing photos to a Google album?
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Can I suggest a C-Click fix?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Well, if we want to be if we want to be collecting photos to use in future advocacy, that we we sort of all authorship.
[Milva McDonald]: Yeah, I almost have a Google Gmail account. Do we not have a Google Drive? So we do.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I'm just wondering if it's an open meeting. Yeah, an open meeting law thing. Can we can we all contribute photos to an album?
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Without that, I mean, that would be like a 1 way thing. Like, we're not deliberating. We're not making decisions. It's just combined effort based on something we've said we're going to do in a meeting. I would think that's acceptable. I just logistically, how do we all contribute? I guess you just invite each of us individually to add to it.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Yeah, I think that actually, yeah, that's that's easy. I can take care of that. That's that's easy enough.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Do we need to create a motion?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: We can do that now that Leah's here.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Do I hear a motion to create a shared photo album?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I move that I will create a shared Google album that we can use to collect photos of impassable bike and pedestrian infrastructure due to winter weather.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Should this be purely state DCR or?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I would say anything that's in Medford, because part of the problem that happens in a lot of these places is that there's a corridor you need to use, and this part is Medford, and this part is DCR, and this part is Medford again, and then this part is MassDOT, and then this part is private property. And at the point when you're standing there trying to get from here to here... Hold on, do we have a motion, a point of order?
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Do we have a motion on the floor or do we not have a motion on the floor?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: We didn't have a second. I'll second.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Okay. Leigh, a second? Thanks, Leigh. All right. Chris, I'll leave this to you. All right. Motion. You have to say all in favor. Oh, great. All in favor?
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Aye. Aye. All opposed? Hearing none, the motion passes.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: All right, I will create that album, and I'll send a link.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Great.
[Milva McDonald]: Emily, maybe to keep us a little bit organized, you could make a couple, maybe one to two folders in that folder, one for state and one for Medford, and highly encourage people to label their photos. Otherwise, I can see this being a little
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Like, yeah, they should have metadata that has a location unless you've turned off that, that in your phone for wouldn't hurt to have labels. Yeah. Yeah. You can just add captions, something that's yeah.
[Milva McDonald]: I don't know if we're, I, I bet we're not. Maybe it's more weird with open meeting law. If we invite walk Medford to our same Google drive, but I wonder if a word to them to Help out this seems like a bike and pedestrian issue. Yeah, you can collect their own.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Oh, I can I can mention it to Hillary and. They can either join ours or make their own.
[Milva McDonald]: Yeah, I feel like Hillary would be the right person and she could probably contribute 50 photos herself.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Yeah, so that's Hillary is part of.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Great. Yeah.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: And then Leah, you mentioned Somerville is a good has a good track record with the state. Do you have a contact there?
[Milva McDonald]: Not with their bike commission. Now, the guy who does the speaker series, I've been meaning to reach out anyway.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: So I may just separately reach out. Um, it's good.
[Jared Powell]: Paul Morgan, who does the family bike rides is on the Somerville bike committee now.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Paul Morgan.
[Milva McDonald]: Then we do have a contact.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Oh, great. Okay.
[Milva McDonald]: Chris, did you want to do that anyway?
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Sure. Unless somebody else has already got a warm intro, but I'm happy to.
[Milva McDonald]: I feel like every time I contact Paul, I have to tell him no, so let someone else do it.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Yeah, if you can send me an email. Is Paul the one who presented sometime last fall with us? Yeah, okay. I see him riding around town.
[Jared Powell]: Yeah, he leads the family bike ride, so he's part of that that nonprofit as well. Cool.
[SPEAKER_02]: Yep.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: All right, so the last thing on the infrastructure updates. Um, so the mystic river rotaries, and this is just a follow up on the. I think we're stalled out trying to identify the appropriate contact the DCR who can. We can talk to you to get the repainting reviewed and ultimately approved. So I've been trying to follow up with Bruce offline on that. So I think we can table that for today. Sorry, which item was this again? This is under infrastructure updates, the second bullet point, Mystic River Rotaries. So this is going back to last fall, the painting there. We've drafted a proposed repainting effort.
Bruce had reached out to Senator Garbali to try to identify who he talked to at DCR. And knowing that with the winter, there wasn't going to be any painting happening for a while anyway, it's not been an urgent item. But I think Bruce had mentioned that he had some traction with Senator Garbali, but it hadn't really culminated in a meeting with DCR. So I don't know if he has any updates, but I can ping him offline.
Okay, uh, Daniel Emily, do you want to talk about the car park pump track letter to the mayor? Very briefly. Ideally, I believe that is kind of stalled out unless you managed to get something on that. Emily.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: No, I don't have any information just that we sent a letter in support of it, but I don't know anything else other than that.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Is there anything more needed here then? I think we've sent the letter, so. If I recall, that was the sort of commitment we had made to, I forget the name of the gentleman who presented the car park pump track idea, and I thought that said we would send a letter of support, so.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Yeah, I mean, I kind of imagine that nobody's doing a whole lot about that right now.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Yeah. Is there something that we should follow up on?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: We can follow up with the person, with the guy who came and talked to us about it, just to see where that stands. I can't remember his name was.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: It struck me as sort of his project that we were happy to support, but not necessarily a bike commission project that we need to drive.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Yeah, I mean, I think it was just that we think it's a great idea, and we're not going to go tell the mayor, no, tell this guy no.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: We'll write a supporting letter, yeah.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Yeah.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: All right, so I think we're good on that. We were back to bike racks again. Updates on Hormel Stadium Commission or budget items. Anything else we want to discuss there, guys?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Do we want to approve the minutes now that Leah is here?
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: We can. Yes. All in favor?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I move to approve the minutes from last meeting. Seconded. All in favor? Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye.
[SPEAKER_02]: Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye.
[SPEAKER_02]: Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye.
[Milva McDonald]: Aye. Aye. Aye.
[SPEAKER_02]: Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye That was Emily and then Jared, correct? Correct, yep. Yep. All in the affirmative. Motion passes. All right, anything else we want to make decisions on since we have quorum? If we go back through the
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Do we want to vote you officially as a website working group? You can have free reign.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: I'm happy to be part of that working group. I think Anna has already volunteered. I don't know if we're volunteering Bruce as the other arm of that working group.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Can we make a motion to put him in it unless he says no?
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Let's hear it.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I move to create a working group for the website of Chris, Anna, and Bruce, unless Bruce says no, in which case it'll just be Chris and Anna.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: I second. All in favor?
[Unidentified]: Aye.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Aye. All right, all opposed? Hearing none, motion passes. Great. We had also, Jared, you had suggested a working group for the bike month activities. I don't know if you want to propose that.
[Jared Powell]: Yeah, that could be a good one. We're missing some potential volunteers for that, I'd say, right, since we've got kind of a small group. Yeah. Is anyone particularly interested in doing that?
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: I feel like Bruce usually is the one who really does the most for that and he's not here. So maybe we should put that on the agenda for next month, even though it's getting to be short notice at that point.
[Jared Powell]: Yeah, I mean, we can do just kind of what we said, right? Everybody keeps thinking of ideas on their own, make a list, and then maybe next month that's enough time to get a working group.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Yeah, Jared, I wonder if that's something you could just put if you wanted to plug in an email, like, hey, heads up, bike month coming. We can each individually think of activities just to get people thinking about it before next meeting.
[Jared Powell]: Yeah, sounds good.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Up to you. OK. All right. Are we ready to close out?
[Jared Powell]: Move to adjourn. Second. All in favor.
[SPEAKER_02]: Aye.
[Milva McDonald]: Aye.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Aye.
[Unidentified]: Aye.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye.
[Vice Chair Emily O'Brien]: Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye.
[Daniel Nuzzo-Mueller]: Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye. Aye Yeah. How do I download this again? I think the dots at the top. I got it. You got it. Okay. Yeah. Thank you very much, Chris. It is much appreciated. No, my pleasure. That was fun. I will gradually getting the hang of it by the end. No, no, I, I, I, but I appreciate you helping out with that. It, uh, it was much appreciated. Sounds good. All right. Take care, Daniel. Have a good night. All right.
|
total time: 5.55 minutes total words: 825 |
|||